Monday, August 29, 2011

Lil Wayne "The Carter 4" Album Review

So after his concrete vacation & a few guest spots & a couple mixtapes later (Sorry 4 The Wait was GARBAGE) Weezy F. finally gives the world his long awaited & highly anticipated new album "The Carter 4"




Ummm let's start with the album cover. Reeeeaaaalllly Weezy? A pic of  yourself as a youth with tats included was veeeeeerrrry creative.....NOT!! Packaging means a lot ppl, believe it or not, & that cover didn't help in the "I can't wait to hear this" depot.

The first track "Intro" is cool & kinda sets the tone for the rest of the album. To be honest tracks 1-6 actually slap, especially "MegaMan", "6 Foot 7 Foot", & "Nightmares Of The Bottom". But it's track 7. "How To Hate" ft. T-Pain where I almost tossed my Mac out the window. Unlike most ppl I actually like T-Pain, but that damn Auto-Tune gotta go, sheeeesh. Makes me feel great that these two never released that T-Wayne album smh, thank you Jesus.

The Carter 4 gets back on track with banger #8 called "Interlude" ft. Tech 9 & Andre 3000, but oddly enough Lil Wayne is not on this joint. Luckily he's not cause Tech & 3 Stacks murdered the track & I don't think Wayne wanted to try & follow that without his ghost writer Drake...umm I mean his homie Drake O_O

I mean let's keep it 1hunid, the more I hear Weezy the more he sounds like Drizzy #Sumthinaintright

"Abortion" GARBAGE, "How To Love" SUPER GARBAGE", John Legend saves "So Special"....waaaay to many *Yaaawwwnnning Moments* on this album for me. But all is not lost. Bun B, Nas, Bussa Bus & Ex Bad Boy Shyne (Shyne is still GARBAGE) lend their skills to the "Outro" track. While "Mirrors" & "Two Shots " ends the album pretty nicely.

Final Analysis: This is mos def not my fav Lil Wayne album & this does nothing for his self proclaimed "Greatest Rapper Alive" rants (that title goz to Mr. Eminem) yeah I said it. Although I feel this is far from a classic album I do feel Weezy has at least one more classic in him....somewhere. He needs to get that hunger back cause he sounds to relaxed. Maybe this Beef with Jay-Z will inspire him to stop f*cking around & (Waka Flaka voice) Go Hard In The Paint!!!
So I give it 3 Outta 5 SLAPS. Do you or agree or disagree? Lemme know in the comments #Deuces

No comments:

Post a Comment